Monday, February 28, 2011

Pinkalicious

Cate loves the book, "Pinkalicious," and I have been meaning to make pink cupcakes, just like the character in the book does, for months. I thought it would be fun to make the cupcakes and then dye the frosting pink and let her decorate a cupcake with sprinkles and candies. Every time I think about actually doing this project, I remember that Timmy will want in on this action and it will be a huge mess. Huge. And it was, but totally worth it.


This morning after breakfast, fort building and walking the dog (them in their snowsuits), we made the cupcakes so that they could cool during nap time. I think that they might have been happy just arranging cupcake papers in the pan.


With the cupcakes in the oven, Cate and Timmy each got a beater. I had to wrestle the bowl away from a howling Timmy who just kept yelling, "Cookie....cooooookie!"


After dinner it was time to frost and decorate the cookies. I gave C&T their own little ramekins of frosting and sprinkles.

Timmy just started eating his cupcake, wrapper and all.


Cate was a bit more meticulous.

I would have liked to have let Cate decorate more cupcakes after I frosted them, but it is just hard to do anything that takes that much time with Timmy on the scene. He is, after all, the boy we affectionately refer to as "pigpen." I had to get him away from the table and the mess so that I could clean up.
Maybe I'll let them decorate cupcakes as they eat them this week.

1 comment:

Taylor Wise said...

Lilla loves Pinkalicious too! Particularly the sticker books. Have you seen those? What does the chalkboard say?