Today was a long day. We didn't have any classes or open gym and Tim had to use my car today so we were trapped. I tried to plan a few little activities to break up the morning. Timmy played with his cars in the bathtub, we colored and made Valentine hearts and finally, when I got desperate, I took out some muffin tins and a bunch of little spoons. I let them scoop dry beans into the muffin cups. I knew that it would be a mess, but I tried to just let it go and remind myself that I have to sweep after every meal anyway, so what's one more time? They were entertained by this novelty for a little while.
It is really difficult to have any structured playtime right now because Timmy is just wild. He eats crayons, rips paper and just generally messes with Cate. In the late afternoon Mimi and Pop came over to save us and Cate's imagination was on display as we rode the train (this time Timmy's tiny room), went to the beach and went out for lunch. Thank goodness for Mimi and Pop's afternoon "visits" and for a community center that we can walk to even with twenty inches of snow on the ground. We will be first in line for open gym tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment