Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes, Balloons and a Day with Daddy

We have been celebrating Valentines Day around here for two weeks. Anything to break up the seemingly structureless days with a one and two year old. We have colored hearts, made Valentine cards, made Valentine people and had a Valentine party at Cate's class.

I ended up being quite sick this weekend and even stayed at my parents' house on Saturday night and all day Sunday to try to recover. Tim hung out with Cate and T, took them to church, fed them and got them to bed just fine while I was gone.

I managed to pull myself together on Sunday afternoon to go out and get a few little gifts for Cate and TT.

We stopped at the grocery store and I thought that I would pick up a few balloons for them. I could have just stopped shopping there. They both loved the balloons and played like little maniacs with them for quite awhile. Timmy didn't stop moving for long enough for me to get a picture.



Cate was in serious need of some new pajamas (since that's about all she wears). Her beloved pinks are looking pretty pilled, so she got the red and pink pair below and another blue pair. Timmy got the red and grey skateboard jammies, but they just weren't that exciting to him after the balloon. Cate was very excited to find that her bag included her very first headband. She has been wearing it nonstop. Nana sent C&T some fun new books and they both dove right in. I love how there are four feet in this picture but only one sock.


Mimi and Pop gave them each a singing bear because they both love music but Timmy is a little bit afraid of his.


Mimi made some yummy chocolate pumpkin cupcakes which were a huge hit. After Cate ate her cupcake, she asked for another. I told her that she could share one more with Timmy, that she could have half. She said that she wanted a whole cupcake. As I went to get it, I told her that it was half or nothing. She said, "Ok, T has nothing." She settled for half.




Worn out in her Valentine pink bed! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Taylor Wise said...

It is so funny how even Valentine's Day becomes about the kids. We felt good just squeezing in a dinner alone after they went to bed. Definitely a luxury when you have little ones!