Friday, March 4, 2011

A Date with Cate

This morning Cate had a quick doctor's appointment, so instead of lugging a wiggly Timmy with us, we made a date of it. Timmy happily went off to play in the babysitting room at the park district and Cate and I headed out for the morning.

We read books in peace at the appointment and then went to pick out new paint at Target. I let her walk in the store, instead of riding in the cart, because I can manage just her on the loose. Of course she does walk by things like brownie mix and cereal and say, "Look at this, mama. We neeeeed this." All with a very adult, knowing look on her face.

We picked out some new watercolors for her to try and then I let her pick a spot at the little Starbucks in Target to have a juice box. A juice box is still a big deal around here. I felt like such a cliche stay at home mom sitting in the Target Starbucks, but I guess that's what I am.

We picked Timmy up and walked around outside for a bit since it is almost 50 degrees here.




I hope that next year when Cate is in preschool a few days a week, Timmy and I will be more able to have special outings together too.

1 comment:

Taylor Wise said...

I love that... "We neeed this."