Our little baby Timmy is 2! Will there ever be a birthday when I feel like I can believe that they are as old as they are turning? I feel like it was just Cate's second birthday (well, it kind of was...) and now Timmy is already two. The seasons and years are whipping around so fast!

On Saturday we went to the choo choo restaurant in Glen Ellyn. Timmy and Cate loved it. Just like at Cate's second birthday, the food is delivered by train right next to your table.
After dinner, the birthday boy (and his big sister, of course) got special birthday cupcakes with sprinkles. They both devoured them. The frosting, anyway.
They also got in on some milkshake action. This was the beginning of the sugar overload for the weekend.


On Sunday after church (first day in the big 2 year old room!) and lunch and naps, we let Timmy rip into his presents. He was unsure at first of all the excitement and attention...although Cate was adeptly coaching him through it. Once he got the idea that under the brightly colored paper would lie cars, cars, legos, cars, footballs, cars, new clothes, cars, bikes and more cars, he was jumping around like a little maniac.
I was trying to get his cake ready in secret, but he came in as I was getting the candles lit and saw it. He started screaming, "That's Mater, That's McQueen!" The two race cars were off the cake before the candles were blown out.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday little man! And those curls are precious.
What a fun birthday!
Post a Comment