Actually, I think that the title of this post should be, "Ready for school??????"
Cate is going to preschool two days a week this Fall (or for however long we are still in Chicago). We started talking about it a few weeks ago. She told me, and everyone else who asked, that she was not going to school. She was staying home with me all morning. She said that she is not old enough to go to school.
So, I ordered her a new backpack which she loved to try to get her excited about school.
Today was "Meet the Teacher." Cate knows one of her teachers really well. My mom is the preschool director and we play in the empty playrooms and classrooms all the time. You might think that this would help her to be more comfortable.
You would be wrong. She wouldn't look at anyone, detach herself from the backs of my legs or speak the entire time. Thursday is the first day of school and I don't think it's going to be pretty. I think she'll have a great time once she settles down, but it's going to be a scene.

2 comments:
If she can handle the nursery at church, she will be fine at school. She will absolutely love it, and she can always go sit with her granny if things get too overwhelming!
Oh Laurie! I hope tomorrow goes well!!! Given her fun little personality, I am sure she will warm up to it. Change can be hard! Meanwhile, feel free to vent in your witty way!
Post a Comment