Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Aquarium and The Pumpkin Farm

And it's only Tuesday. This has been a busy week for us. I don't like to pack our weeks too full of activities because we all just end up worn out and cranky. Especially me.

Tim was home for a long, three day weekend though, so we decided to go to the Aquarium. We tried explaining it to Cate and Timmy the night before. We explained that they would see everything that lives under the water. Timmy kept saying, "There's horses there?" No. "There's piggies?" No. "There's cows?" No. You'll see.


First we visited the big tanks.


Then after a quick lunch, it was time for the dolphin show. When the music signaled that the show was about to begin, Cate put her arm around Timmy. I imagine she was thinking, "Ok Timmy, time to find out what they brought us here to see. I'll decide if we like it."

I think that their favorite part was the "Polar Play Zone." We visited it twice before we left.


Then this morning, before Tim had to go to the airport, he let C&T help him make eggs. Timmy loved it because I usually try to avoid having him in the kitchen.


Waiting in line to get on the bus. Who is standing quietly with her hands folded, looking at the teacher? My little rule follower.



Timmy and I met the class after he ran around like a maniac trying to pick up all of the pumpkins.


The haystack maze.
Cate's first class picture.

We stayed a little bit late so that Timmy could see all of the animals and so that they could go through the corn maze. We got apple cider donuts and juice for the ride home and called it lunch. After this much excitement, we might be calling it a week too.

1 comment:

roduns said...

I'd love to spend a week with you. You crack me up. I totally get the crazy conversations like trying to explain an aquarium.