Monday, September 12, 2011

A Big Week

Cate's first day of preschool is behind us and she did great! We got her bag packed the night before and I made her favorite breakfast (french toast) to encourage a good mood. She was skipping along and holding my hand until we got close to her classroom and there were a lot of people, a little bit of chaos and a little bit of crying. Then she wanted to be picked up.


So we checked things out together and then Mimi swooped in so that I could make an exit. I got periodic updates throughout the morning when my mom had a chance to peek in at her. She was smiling, playing and having a good time. On the way home, I asked Cate how she liked school and her teachers and the other kids in her class. She liked school and the teachers, but not the other kids. She thought that they were too young to be in school. Of course she is one of the youngest ones, so I don't know what that means.




The weather turned cool, almost cold, last week, but we still made it over to our old playground. Timmy always wants to look for ducks on the bridge.



It's so much easier to be at the playground with both of them now that Timmy is more independent. I still look at other mothers who are sitting on a bench, talking to other mothers, drinking their coffee and wonder when that will be me, but at least I'm not holding one child and trying to help the other one anymore.



On Friday night we went out for dinner for Mimi's birthday. Cate and Timmy love their guacamole, so Mimi chose a Mexican restaurant.


Finally, on Saturday night with Daddy in Phoenix and Mimi and Pop at a wedding, I told C&T that we could make popcorn and watch a movie after bath time. They LOVE to eat popcorn out of a little plastic cup and watch "Toy Story." It was a good end to a busy week!


1 comment:

the klontz kibitz said...

yay for brave cate! --and i love that her comment was that the other kids were too young to be there. =)