When Tim is gone for a two week stretch, it is right in the middle, on the weekend, when I start to lose it. My patience just about completely disappears, I am irritable and so tired.
When both Cate and Timmy are vying for position on my lap in the morning, I calmly work out a compromise. When breakfast is a negotiation, I just figure that they won't starve if they don't finish their food. However, when Timmy starts following me around, hanging on my legs, preventing me from cleaning up the kitchen or getting dressed or doing anything, I start to unravel. When Cate comes back into the kitchen five minutes after breakfast announcing that she wants "someping," I have to work really hard to keep my cool.
Luckily, today, my mom came over to help me get them to church. It was good activity for them and good for me to be able to just sit. She came back to the house for lunch and then after Timmy went in for a nap, we planted a few flowers.
Cate is all about helping with the flowers...as long as she doesn't get dirty at all. She is a girl after my own heart. Each time she got a little bit of dirt in her sandals, she would calmly announce that she was going over to the step to clean her shoes and feet. Tim will be home on Friday. Is it too early for a countdown?
2 comments:
oh, laurie.....what a life you're living now....but it's just a season! i can see the humor in it--but i totally get the exhaustion, too....can't wait to see you HERE!! love,
sari
We have that super cute dress. It is one of our favorites.
Post a Comment