Saturday, October 15, 2011

Enjoying the Fall

I love Fall. Cool, but not cold weather, pumpkins, falling leaves, apple cider. I do not particularly love Halloween. My mom called me a Halloween scrooge. I'm not opposed to kids dressing up in cute costumes and having fun running around, but it's just not my favorite holiday.




There are also a lot of images that are difficult to explain to a two and three year old. For example the neighbor who has hands (as if coming up from the grave) sticking up out of his grass. Timmy notices them every time. Then there are the friendly ghost and witch stickers on another window. Cate and Timmy wanted to know what the witch was. I said, "Do you know who usually is known for flying around on her broomstick?" Timmy replied instantly, "Mommy!" Ok, well, also witches.



A bicycle not built for two.

1 comment:

roduns said...

Totally feel your angst w/Halloween. It is hard to explain the images while walking thru the aisles at Wal Mart!

And have we discussed this before? I too hated dressing up. Pretty sure my mom would have used "halloween scrooge" to describe me as well. I did not see the fun in dressing up. :)