Cate and Timmy have been sleeping late these last few weeks, which is great except that it is so hard to get them moving. Cate (like me) really likes to move slowly in the morning, sit with her blankies and juice (the rough equivalent of my coffee) and just wake up before going anywhere. Although we decided to go to church later than usual, she still did not want to move. Everything I asked her to do was met with, "Mama, I don't want to." We negotiated through breakfast, a bath and getting dressed (the pink dress I chose was not in her plan for today). In the picture below, I wanted her to put her coat on. She was not ready.
Finally, with the promise of a box of raisins, she got her coat and shoes on.
She gave her brother a hug because he now seems to have a cough and runny nose (again) and could not go.
Finally, out the door they went and Timmy and I went downstairs to play trains until he was ready for an early nap. You may notice in these pictures that Timmy is almost as tall as Cate is. At his 15 mo. appointment this week, we found out that he is officially off the charts for height (Tim is busy finding him an NBA scout and planning practice drills on the court) and he is only an inch and a half shorter than Cate. We have had a few people ask us if they are twins, but as he starts to look more like a toddler, I think we will be hearing it more.
1 comment:
Very cute! We have a slow-to-riser at our house too. I've resigned myself to getting to work a few minutes late every day ...
And I can't believe how tall Timmy is!
Post a Comment