Monday, June 15, 2009

Making a Mess

I think that Cate's new favorite thing to do is make a mess.  She found a 12 pack of diet coke next to the cabinet and squealed while she rolled them across the kitchen floor.  I needed to finish getting ready, so I let her...I figure that I can get away with that for a few more weeks at least.  She also loves to just chuck anything that she finds in her path as she's crawling.  It might not really be in her way, but it's still fun to throw it behind  her and let out a yell of delight.  Then this afternoon, I was trying to get my things together to take her  down the street to the library to see what  she could play with there and she found my basket of Cooking Light Magazines.  She happily unloaded them while I put my shoes on.




In bigger news, Cate has been saying a few actual words.  She's been saying "Mama" and "Dada" for a while now as well as "Bye Bye" which she prefers to whisper for some reason.  In just the last week, though she's added, "Baby" "Uh oh" and she kind of repeats "Peek a Boo" which just sounds like "Uh oh" with a Boo at the end.  Her word for dog is evolving too.  She started out saying, "Gum" and now it's just the G sound when she sees him or hears him bark.  She kind of yells it like we do when we're trying to get him to come in.  I know that all babies are like little sponges, but it is so fascinating to see this little personality come out of her and to get to interact more with her.

No comments: