Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter

We have had a really mild winter in Chicago. So much so that I began to wonder if it was some kind of joke being played at my expense. I figured that once the temperatures dropped into the single digits and the roads were icy and slushy and dirty and we had to do the daily wind chill conversion, I would be ready to head to the desert.


So of course this one year that I want it to be cold and nasty to motivate me to move, it hasn't been. We even went to the playground this week and walked the dogs in the sunshine wearing just vests.


I'm not really complaining, of course, because any day that I can take Cate and Timmy to a playground is a good day around here.

Last night, Winter finally arrived in Chicago. It is cold and there is a lot of messy, wet snow and I don't even have boots for C&T because I didn't think that we would need them this year and I'm not going to buy them now.

So we will experience Winter in Chicago for a few more days and then when we move, it will magically be over. The shortest Winter ever.
Then we will have new pictures of Cate and Timmy at the playground that is two doors down from our new house. Right after I convince Cate to set foot on its sandy floor. The girl doesn't care for sand...I guess she hasn't heard that sand is what the desert is made out of.


No comments: