Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Everything

I was prepared for a long New Year's weekend. Long in the sense of dragging on forever with not much to do, two toddlers and a husband in Phoenix. We had a fun surprise waiting for us, though, when we got back from playing at the Y on Sat. morning. Tim had gotten up at 4am to fly home and surprise us and he stayed for five days! Of course, he was hiding in the basement and scared us all to death when he came out, but it was a great surprise.



So after celebrating miss Maggie's second birthday, we all hung out with one of my oldest friends, Mandi, and her family on New Year's eve. Look at those big kids sitting at the table eating their pizza on their own. Maggie's birthday party was our first Chuck E. Cheese experience. I expected to be sweating while I tried to chase two kids in a noisy, crowded playroom. It wasn't like that at all, though. It wasn't crowded and both kids did great taking turns and exploring. Of course Timmy did get lost in the massive tunnels on the ceiling, but I sent Cate in after him. I was glad that she was able to go in and find her teary, blotchy faced baby brother so that I didn't have to climb up there. Really glad.


For the rest of the weekend we just hung out. Tim and I got to go to the movies. Cate and Timmy played and climbed on Pop.
We did a little bit of cooking.


And Tim gave a lot of double piggy back rides.

Finally, we got down to the business of finishing this move. Figuring out how to get the rest of our junk, our two kids, our dog and ourselves to Phoenix in one piece. It is a total logistical nightmare. We are almost done, though. As I type, tile is being jackhammered out of the family room to make room for carpet to be laid next week. Then the year of all things new can begin. New house, new climate, new schools, new church, new doctors and dentists. New everything.

1 comment:

Taylor Wise said...

I can't wait to talk and hear the hilarious stories! So glad you had so much time with Tim. When is the big move?