There are no pictures of day one, in case you are wondering, because there was too much yelling going on.
We are moving to Phoenix. A place where you must be in the water in the summertime to survive. I have two kids who really don't even like the water in the bathtub very much.
Last summer, Cate would not get in the wading pool or even in her baby pool in our backyard. When we visited Phoenix in June, I thought that they might like a splash pad/sprinkler park because they would not be immersed. Nope. They would not go near it.
So when I found out that our community pool, which is right behind our house, is having an hour of free swim for toddlers three days a week, I knew that we would be there.
On Day One of training, they lasted only 30 minutes but both spent some time in the pool.
On Day Two, I was armed with new pool toys, which helped. I managed to get Cate to not only touch the waterfall, but to go through it with me. Of course, once through the waterfall and on the other side, she was yelling, "I'm wet, I'm wet!" Then she insisted on getting her towel and having her hair dried as much as possible. She is a real adventurer. She did ultimately get back in and play in the water.
Timmy was most interested in playing with his new Lightning McQueen car on the edge of the pool...no waterfall for him, which surprises me, but he hasn't had much exposure to water.
So if you are looking for us in the late afternoon, we will be at the baby pool, making baby steps toward having fun in the water.
1 comment:
Always love a good story from Laurie, dripping in sarcasm! Your experience is all too familiar, my friend! :) Hang in there! You're a pretty awesome mom.
Post a Comment