I think that the question I am most often asked these days (other than Cate's incessant, "Why, Mama?") is, "So, how is it being at home?" My answer is pretty much always (unless no one napped) that my life is so much better, so much less stressful and that now that Timmy is one, it is really fun to be with them all day.
I've been thinking though that I've been away from work for a few months now and I should really be disciplined about practicing my French, studying, reading, speaking it to Cate and Timmy. The other night, Mrs. Benesh (aka Bee Bee) brought me a box of macaroons from their recent trip to Paris. Seeing the beautiful box made me remember what I love about French culture, French food and speaking the language. So this morning, while Timmy napped and I drank my third giant cup of coffee (not very French), I let Cate choose which one she would like to eat. She chose pink, of course, and we spoke French for a few minutes while she told me how good her "cookie" was.
3 comments:
i LOVE bilingual children....especially yours. =)
My children are definitely not bilingual...at all! I wish I had the discipline, but I have been so bad about it!
our next door neighbor is german and only speaks german at home with her son, who speaks english ay daycare and now school. they are both bilinguil, and i am jealous.
Post a Comment