Monday, June 14, 2010

First Day

I was going to title this post, "First Day of Summer Vacation," which it is but since I am not going back to work in the Fall, that seems kind of odd. Friday was my last day of work and even though I was sad about leaving the people that I work with and (some of) the students, today I just feel relieved that the decision is made and I am lucky enough to spend my days with Cate and Timmy.

Of course my mental to do list is out of control. I want to make homemade play-doh, walk to the library to work on my summer reading list and get some new books for the kids, organize for the millionth time every closet in the house but then I remember that 1. I have Cate and Timmy and 2. This is Chicago, so of course, on the the first day of summer vacation, it is raining. I don't think Cate and T minded though. We had our customary Taylor Swift dance party in the morning. Cate danced around and Timmy just stood at the couch and laughed at her. Then Cate kept insisting, "I want TT to sit!" This means that she wants to hold him which is always interesting but today Timmy didn't seem to mind!







3 comments:

roduns said...

Your kids have the most infectious smiles!

And Cate is a mini-you, Laurie!

I think I would be the same way as I am constantly thinking of all the things I could do if I was home full time ... I doubt I would actually do them all though ... Have fun, enjoy it, and just cross off 1 item from your list at a time. You have no time limit to accomplish them - what joy!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this. :) So fun for you guys -- what a lovely lifestyle is ahead for you. Enjoy!
-Erin

sarah said...

oh my gosh i LOVE that top picture so much. i can hear them giggle. =) so sweet.