Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We had a quiet Easter weekend which was nice.  We went to church on Saturday and went out for dinner with Grammy and Pop.  Cate did great in church (we haven't braved the nursery yet...it's just hard when she's in daycare all week) and did great at the restaurant afterwards.  The nice thing about her starting to eat table food is that you can entertain her by giving her cereal, pieces of cheese, pieces of turkey etc. for quite awhile.  Of course the only downside of this is that now whenever she sees a little piece of lint on my clothes or on the floor, she thinks it's a Rice Krispy and tries to put it in her mouth.

I had all these great plans to take pictures of Cate in her Easter dress, propped next to her Easter basket, but she has a really bad cold and just wasn't really in the mood.  We did get a few shots, but I think I'm going to have to go and have her picture  taken in this dress because I really love it and I think it will probably be one of the last really "baby" style dresses that she gets to wear.  When we were shopping for her dress, all of the styles in the next size up looked like such big girl dresses.  Here are a few of the pictures; I hope everyone had a great Easter!









Tim thought that we should get a picture of her in her new basket since this is the only year she'll be able to fit in it.  The basket was already creaking and groaning with her in it.  Actually, come to think of it, this will be the only Easter that she will be having her picture taken by herself since by next Easter she will have a little brother or sister!  I know that the word is pretty much out, but if I haven't gotten a chance to talk to you yet, baby number two is due Oct. 8th 2009!  We are hoping to find out in about 5 weeks if we are having another girl or if it's a boy this time.  We'll keep you posted!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. I love her dress. Happy Easter! Love, mandi

roduns said...

WHAT!!!! YOU ARE EXPECTING! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cate looks adorable in her dress - pretty sweet considering she had a cold.

I am so excited for you all!

Bee said...

She looks so cute. Can't tell she has a cold. I missed being with all of you on Easter.

Buck and Jess! said...

Congratulations Laurie! My littlest was born on October 8th, so I won't forget your due date. Cate is adorable--Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

HI Caters,

Cant wait for you to get big so you can come downtown. I heard you are crawling, congrats.

Uncle R