Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cate's Fifth Birthday

Five.  I had a hard time with Cate turning five.  It felt like a big birthday; the end of the preschool, mostly at home years, and the beginning of the school years.  I don't know how it goes so quickly.




We started her birthday at home in Phoenix with a few gifts at breakfast.



The main event, though, was a few weeks later when we went to the American Girl store and restaurant in Chicago.  Her bitty baby, Maggie, got to have her own high chair at the table and we all enjoyed a fancy lunch.  When they sang happy birthday (over three desserts!), and Cate couldn't keep from smiling.


We opened gifts and had more cake at Mimi and Pop's house.





We seem to be celebrating birthdays several times now that we live in Phoenix.  Once on the actual day, once with grandparents when we get to see them and I suppose, that parties with friends will become a necessity soon as well.  Happy Birthday to my favorite five year old!

No comments: