Monday, July 16, 2012

Flying By

The summer is flying by.  We have made it through eight weeks of city swim lessons.




Then we made it through four weeks of survival swim.  I was so nervous about the survival swim, but I am so glad that we did it.  The progress they made from whining, complaining, yelling and crying to jumping off the diving board and swimming to the wall is amazing.  Of course they both have a lot of swimming skills to learn, but they can swim on their own, a good distance of the pool.





We spent our first Phoenix Fourth of July with Dan and Jamie, Norah and Eli.  It was unseasonably cool (under 100 degrees) and even rained a little bit.  I must be acclimating to my surroundings, because I was happy to see the rain.  A phenomenon I never would have understood in Chicago.


Cate dance class, which she loved, and Timmy's soccer class, which he did not love, are over and school starts for both in early August.  First, though, we leave on Wednesday for our first trip back to Chicago.  We are so looking forward to seeing everyone, to having ten solid days together, to an overnight in the city and, if you ask Tim, to hitting up every famous Chicago eatery.  We can't wait!

1 comment:

Taylor Wise said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful time at home! And I know that is such a relief that they are independent swimmers. At least you know they won't drown!