Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fabulous Four

Last Sunday, my little Cate turned four.  It was a bit strange for us to be here, in Phoenix, far away from family, but we still had a fun day with our favorite four year old.



In the morning, we managed to squeeze in a Skype date with Mimi and Pop to open her presents from them.  One of her favorites was a great Doctor kit.  Right now she is using her playhouse as a "clinic".  She treats all of the stuffed animals and the animals from Noah's ark there.  If you are a willing patient, Cate is happy to see humans too, but a shot is a virtual guarantee at this clinic.



Timmy (whose massive mop of hair was cut later in the day), was not left out.  Mimi sent him a train for his Cars which he was very excited about.

After opening a few presents, we went out for breakfast and Cate got to have Minnie Mouse pancakes for her big day.


In the afternoon, we had a low key pizza and pool party with Norah and Eli and opened a few more gifts.  One of the nice things about having a pool is that even when you aren't organized enough to plan a great birthday and only know about four people, you can always have them over, get balloons and pizza and call it a pool "party."



I can't believe that Cate is already four.  It goes so fast!  She is such a funny, spirited little girl; I can't wait to see what this year will bring.  Happy Birthday, Cate!





2 comments:

Taylor Wise said...

Oh, I am jealous of your pool! And pool parties. I bet she had so much fun! Happy Birthday Cate!

Mandi said...

Hey I just noticed your farmhouse table. Is it new? So pretty!