Monday, May 7, 2012

Little Fish

The theme of the past few weeks has been swimming, swimming, swimming.  Cate and Timmy have been going to swim lessons four days a week in the late afternoon.  For two kids who did NOT want to get in the baby pool last summer, they have done great.



There was a little bit of drama from our resident drama llama on the first day, but she loved her teacher and did much better than I thought she would.  

We have also been using our own "hot tub" method to work on things with them.  Our pool is still just a little bit cold (and in need of cosmetic work), so we heat just the hot tub a little bit and they are happy to float around in there for quite awhile.









I usually get to sit and chat with a friend I met at my moms group.  We never really look at each other because we are both watching our kids to make sure their heads are above water, but it's nice to see someone I know a little bit.


Tim has been trying to make it to as many lessons as possible too.  It's good practice for him because Cate and Timmy are signed up for a survival swimming course in June/July.  I do not intend to be there much.  I can't handle it, so we agreed, when I signed them up, that he would make it a priority to take them.  Yikes.


It's a little bit crazy when we get home from swimming around 5:15 because C&T always want to ride their bikes, we need to eat dinner, have a bath and walk the dog, but the bonus is that swimming is just so tiring and they are usually tucked in bed right on time.

2 comments:

Taylor Wise said...

Yay for swimming! And I bet it is awesome how tired out it makes them. I am so proud of them!

Caryn said...

so proud of you for embracing this new life of yours =) love, sari