Our Halloween fun started with Cate's preschool costume party and parade on Thursday. See the cute little girl holding her Mimi's hand, not wearing a costume, not looking at anyone with a camera? That's Cate. I signed up to help with her class's Halloween party. I thought that she would like to have me in her class and I wanted to be sure to help with a party before we moved. It totally threw her for a loop. Things did not improve much after the parade and we all needed a nap when we got home.

So, I didn't know how trick-or-treating would go. But by the time Monday rolled around, she was ready to go. It was a complete turnaround.

Cate asked to be a pink butterfly this year and when I saw the cheeseburger costume, it seemed like a good fit for Timmy...a.k.a. TT Burger.

Timmy started out the sugar fest by stealing a few pieces of candy from our own bowl. Cate found this out as the above picture was snapped. She was not happy to start the candy collection two twizzlers behind.

Once they got going, they did a great job. They knew their lines and Cate even introduced herself and and her brother to a neighbor. A far cry from her party when she would barely speak at all.

After just a few houses, they couldn't believe how much candy had accumulated in their pumpkins. Cate said, "Maybe we should go home now and show Mimi all of this beautiful candy!" We finished the block then went home to take inventory.

They were both very excited about a little bag they received with Halloween pencils, erasers, writing pads and rings. Timmy was very intent on whatever he was writing for quite awhile.

After a bath, Timmy enjoyed his very favorite candy, M&Ms.

Just to be festive, I decided to make pumpkin bars in the afternoon. I have never made them before and used
this recipe. Sort of. After I made the bars, but before I frosted them, I suddenly remembered that the recipe called for four eggs. I didn't put any eggs in. I got distracted and made them without any of the FOUR eggs. So before I made the frosting, I had to cut some out and find out if they were edible and worth frosting. Surprisingly, they were. I'm not sure what they would be like with eggs, but they are quite good without them! Happy Halloween!
1 comment:
Hee hee. No eggs. That's hilarious. But curious as to why they are needed at all. :)
Love that Cate messes with your head and won't do what the other kids are doing when her mommy is there, but will go to stranger's homes and take candy. They all seem to be trained to mess with their parent's heads!
Post a Comment