There are a few expressions that I do not care for.
1. It is what it is. (i.e. there is nothing you can do about it)
2. We have a lot going on right now. (I have been saying this for two years...I am sick of it.)
3. The New Normal
These expressions come up frequently and the new normal is my least favorite. I mean, who really wants a new normal, right? The new normal means that your old comfortable, worn in way of doing things is coming to an end and it is time to learn a new way, adjust and change. This move is reminding me of how much I like to be comfortable, to be familiar in my surroundings and to be safe. It's too bad that being comfortable isn't really a main goal of life.
We decided that Cate, Timmy and I would join Tim in Phoenix for 10 days so that we could all be together and so that I could get another look at this city that will eventually be home. It was not an easy two weeks. The kids and I were all sick (2 trips to urgent care), they were jet lagged and not sure of their new surroundings.
The good news is that we have great friends in Phoenix. Dan and Jamie opened up their house and, more importantly, their toys to us showed us around town, watched our kids so that we could look at neighborhoods, and answered a million questions about the city. I really can not imagine moving to a new city and not knowing a soul. This is a hard move for us but having old friends there is making it manageable. We were supposed to meet up with Sari and her little Elliot, but C&T were just too sick, so we'll have to catch up with them next time.
The Scottsdale train museum. Cate and Timmy love trains so they had a great time, although it was quite toasty that morning.
1 comment:
i know this whole move experience must be so difficult, laurie....i wish i could take the difficulty away from you--but i know that God knows exactly what you need, and he'll lovingly give it to you. sending hugs!!
Post a Comment