Monday, December 20, 2010

A Big Girl Bed

Cate has spent the last two nights and two naps in her pink big girl bed. She is loving it. She has done really well with the transition and loves to just go in her room and look at books on her own bed now instead of on ours.

Cate's big girl room is still a work in progress, but the theme is pink pink and more pink. I ordered this for her walls to replace her green and yellow animals and I need to look for a new lamp at some point too. Timmy loves to roll around and play on this new "toy" which he can already climb up on by himself.

We are very much looking forward to spending Christmas with our families and have been busy wrapping gifts (Cate chose the gift tags and held the tape) and baking cookies, pretzel chocolate treats and banana bread. The spirit of Christmas is alive in Cate's room every night when she fully recounts the events of the day, "Timmy had milk, I had juice. T's a baby. Mama said no no no! I read books, I played, I fed my baby.... and finally at least a few minutes of, "Jesus is born, Jesus is born!" Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

Taylor Wise said...

It is the best when they learn to sit in bed and read...