Cate seems to have developed an aversion to water. This now includes the bathtub which is a problem but it also means that she hasn't been in her new swimming pool from Grammy and Pop and we haven't been to the nice pool right behind our house.
So this weekend we decided to do some pool training. I didn't bother to get the swim diapers out or one of her cute bathing suit/coverups either because it's a lot of work and I didn't really think she'd get in anyway. Cate's Grammy sat with her on a blanket (b/c she also hates grass) and tried to get Cate to put her hands and feet in the pool. She was interested in splashing some but she also periodically let out a yell if she got too wet and she did not really like having her feet in the water. Most of the time she played with some measuring spoons that Pop brought out and got Grammy completely soaked. It's supposed to be nice all week, so I guess we'll keep working on it...
No comments:
Post a Comment